What is the ThinkGear Connector and why do I need it?
The ThinkGear Connector (TGC) is needed in order for some games
and apps on your Windows and Mac computer to be able to connect to
the headset. It sits unobtrusively in the systray in the lower
right corner of the Windows desktop, and uses absolutely minimal
system resources. By default, it is started for you whenever you
start your computer or App Central, so that your apps will be ready
and able to connect to the headset. It does nothing besides allow
games to connect to the headset.
Advanced users may disable TGC from starting at startup if they wish, but will then need to manually start it from their Start menu or App Central whenever they want to use certain apps or games that use the headset.
The TGC is required because some software platforms, like Flash, do not allow direct access
to the computer’s COM ports. TGC connects specifically to the headset’s COM port and allows Flash games and apps to connect to the headset. TGC makes it easier for many applications to connect to the headset, instead of having to directly access low level system COM ports.
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (26 more)
- How do I install the product and get it to work?
- My headset doesn’t turn on after moving the switch to the On position.
- How do I adjust the headset to be more comfortable or fit better?
- I don’t understand how to use the headset.
- What are the different meanings of the red/blue light on the headset?
- View all (4 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)