What is the difference between Brainwave Visualizer and NeuroView (Research Tools)?
BV is a "pretty" software application that gently introduces users to what brainwaves are and how they "look", as colorful raw waves, bar graphs, a spider graph, and eSense meters. It also includes two mini-games (not real games!) that illustrate how brainwaves can be used. Lastly, BV can be ran with iTunes (start iTunes first), and in that case, can record your brainwaves to a file while a song is playing on iTunes.
Note: BV does not provide a strictly accurate display of the raw wave and alpha, beta, etc. There are no values on the graph axis. The graphs have been adjusted to look a little simpler and better for beginning users. For "accurate" display of brainwave graphs and values, they should use the "NeuroView" application in the Research Tools that we offer.
NeuroView is for more accurate and professional brainwave analysis than BV. Its graph values are the exact ones measured by the headset, without scaling to make it "pretty". Also, the user gets full control over the graph axis (zoom in and out). Then, it also displays a fine-grained "power spectrum" analysis of the brainwaves. And lastly, the user can record data to files at any time, and has more control over the format of the data files.
These are features that professional brainwave researchers would need, but that many casual brainwave enthusiasts prefer a less complex software applications like BV.
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (30 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)