ThinkGear Connector (TGC) is not able to connect
One uncommon but possible cause of TGC being unable to connect is that TGC may not have been able to completely or properly install itself due to an overly-aggressive Antivirus or Firewall program that prevented part of the installation.
For Windows users, please follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the MindWave software by going to Add/Remove devices,
and removing the "NeuroSky MindWave" software.
2. Next, restart the computer and disable all Antivirus and Firewall programs.
3. Finally, re-install the MindWave software.
For Mac users, please follow these steps: 1.
Disable all Antivirus and Firewall programs.
2. Next, re-install the MindWave software.
If this does not resolve the issue, please see the following
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- MindWave Mobile plus compatibility
- View all
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (29 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)