MindWave won't work on Mac or Windows
[This article applies only to the white MindWave headset. It does not apply to the black MindSet nor MindWave Mobile headsets.]
First, please make sure you have carefully followed the instructions from the Quick Start Guide that came with the box. The drivers and utilities on the CD are necessary for your PC and Mac to connect.
If you run into any difficulties, please check the following methods for further troubleshooting:
For Mac Users
1.MindWave can't work on Mac OSX 10.11 or higher
2.Can't get the connection with MindWave in Mac OS X 10.10.
3.For Mac OS 10.12 or higher, you will receive an error when installing PreRequisites. It means the Silverlight and Adobe Air need to be updated to the latest version. Please simply ignore the error, then update the Silverlight and Adobe air from the links below after the installation is completed.
PS: Before you installed the latest version, please uninstall the earlier version at first.
Note: The Jack's Adventure and The Mindty Ant will not Work on Mac OS 10.9 or higher.
For Windows Users
Can't find MindWave or can't connect MindWave to application
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (30 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)