How does Necomimi work? What do the ear movements mean?
How does it work?
Step 1: Neurons firing in the brain give off electrical impulses, which are picked up by the forehead sensor.
Step 2: The Necomimi headset captures brainwave data, filters out electrical noise from the environment, and interprets it with NeuroSky’s Attention and Meditation algorithms.
Step 3: Your mental state is translated into ear movements and shared with those around you!
What do the ear movements mean?
When something grabs your attention, the ears shoot straight up! When you’re relaxed, the ears droop down.
When you’re both highly focused and highly relaxed (i.e. in the zone), the ears wiggle up and down.
If you'd like to know more about how it works, feel free to contact us with your question!
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (22 more)
- How do I install the product and get it to work?
- My headset doesn’t turn on after moving the switch to the On position.
- How do I adjust the headset to be more comfortable or fit better?
- I don’t understand how to use the headset.
- What are the different meanings of the red/blue light on the headset?
- View all (4 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)