Meditation Journal backup / restore / transfer saved data
On a Windows 7 machine I used this process to backup and restore
Meditation Journal data to prepare for rebuilding the hard disk. I
think a similar process will work on other Windows version and MAC
(can be adapted for BrainYoga_Journal)
- close the Meditation Journal application
- use Windows to navigate to the Meditation_Journal data folder. I used Windows 7 and the path was: "c:/Users/<--logged in user-->/My Documents/Meditation_Journal"
- use Control-A to select all the files in that folder
- right click your mouse, select "Send to" --> "Compressed (zipped) folder"
- rename the zip file to a sensible name like "meditation_backup.zip"
- transfer the zip file to a safe place (thumb drive, a CD)
- take it to another machine to confirm you can read the backup
- don't collect anymore data.
- rebuild your Windows machine (reformat, reinstall windows, etc.)
- reinstall Meditation Journal on the new rebuilt Windows machine.
- confirm that Meditation Journal works by recording one test session.
- exit Meditation Journal
- restart Meditation Journal, confirm that you can see the test session.
- exit Meditation Journal
- use Windows to navigate to the Meditation_Journal data folder.
- delete all the files in the folder.
- transfer the backup zip file to the updated machine in the Meditation_Journal folder
- extract the zip file contents into Mediation_Journal folder by double clicking on the zip file.
- restart Meditation_Journal, you should be able to see all of the saved data.
I think it is pretty safe as long as you confirm the that you can unzip the backup file before you reformat the disk drive.
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- MindWave Mobile plus compatibility
- View all (1 more)
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (29 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)