Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
[This article is for old version Brainwave Visualizer, which come with MindSet disc. It is not using ThinkGear Connector to set up connection.]
If you are on a Mac, you may need to do the following in order for BrainWave Visualizer to be able to find and connect to your headset:
1) Make sure you have the latest version of Brainwave
2) Open Brainwave Visualizer
3) Click the " ~ " key (usually located below the ESC key). A box will appear labelled "Port:"
4) Type in one of the following paths, based on which headset you have:
For MindWave Mobile (black), type: /dev/tty.MindWaveMobile-DevA For MindWave (white), type: /dev/tty.MindWave For MindSet, type: /dev/tty.MindSet-DevB For MindBand Research, type: /dev/tty.BrainBand-DevB (For any other NeuroSky products, consult the documentation for that product, or contact NeuroSky support for additional assistance.)
5) Click "Connect"
You should now be connected!
(Note that BrainWave Visualizer will automatically connect for Windows users.)
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (30 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)