Can't find MindWave or can't connect MindWave to application
[This article applies only to the white MindWave headset. It does not apply to the black MindSet nor MindWave Mobile headsets.]
Sometimes, Windows auto-update will incorrectly install an incorrect driver instead of NeuroSky's MindWave driver. This can cause the MindWave headset to be unable to be found or connected to your PC. Please follow these instructions to fix it:
(1) Download the RF driver file from this link: http://download.neurosky.com/public/Products/MindWave%20headset/RF%...
(2) Plug in RF dongle, and extract the "RF driver.zip" file.
(3) Open the RF driver folder, then double-click setup.exe.
(4) Select "uninstall" to uninstall your old, incorrect driver.
(5) Then select "install" to install the correct "MindWave USB Adapter" driver.
(6) After installed, you will get a "Driver install successfully" prompt.
In your Windows Device Manager, under the Ports (COM & LPT) section, the device should now appear as "MindWave USB Adapter", and disconnection issues should be resolved.
To confirm you have installed the latest version, please right click the "MindWave USB Adapter" and select "Properties", then navigate to "Driver" section. The latest Driver date is 8/3/2015, Driver version is 3.11.2015.8
If you are using windows 8 system, and the "MindWave USB Adapter" is overwriting to "CH340" automatically, then please go ahead to use "Roll back Driver" to recover it as follows:
MindWave Mobile 2
MindWave Mobile plus
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (31 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)