How do I make sure my computer is receiving data from the headset?
To make sure that your MindSet headset is properly connected to your computer, please follow these directions:
- Launch the Brainwave Visualizer application.
- Press the 'Esc' key on your keyboard to launch the config
- Press the back tick ( ` ) key on your keyboard to launch the
advanced config menu (this key is usually located right under the
'Esc' key on the keyboard).
- Select 'Enable data output'.
- Press the 'Esc' key again to exit the config menu.
At this point, you should see numbers in the upper left corner of the Brainwave Visualizer's display. If the numbers are changing rapidly, it means that data is properly being received from the headset to your computer.
If data is being received, but the connection indicator is a red 'X' or lower than maximum, this indicates a poor signal contact is being measured from the metal contacts on the headset. Refer to other Knowledge Base articles regarding cleaning the metal contacts, and positioning the headset for a proper fit on the head.
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- MindWave Mobile plus compatibility
- View all
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (29 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)