Development Setup: poorsignal > 0
The documentation of the meaning of poorsignal is available in
the MindSet Communications Protocol document (look in the tg/
directory of the MDT). In short, poorsignal > 0 is an indication
that the headset sensor may have poor contact with your skin, or it
is detecting excessive motion, obscuring the EEG signal. During
this time, eSenses (attention, meditation, etc) will not update
Please try re-adjusting the position of the headset, making sure the forehead sensor and ear contacts are all seated firmly against your skin. You may also try cleaning both the electrodes and skin contacts as described in the Quick Start Guide and Instruction Manual.
If poorsignal continues to be > 0 for extended periods of time, the system will reset and attention and meditation will report 0 to indicate unable to determine eSense.
Your application design may wish to detect conditions of when poorsignal > 0 and notify the user that the signal quality is poor, so that they know to sit still, adjust their contacts, or clean the sensor and skin. Showing that information to the user will make their experience with your program easier.
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (30 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)