Developing on Mobile Phone Platforms
Currently, NeuroSky provides support for two mobile platforms --
Windows Mobile (WinMo) and Java (J2ME). The decision between
developing on WinMo or J2ME will come down to which language and
environment you are most comfortable developing in, and which tools
and phones you have access to.
If you are comfortable with working in C/C++/C# and you have a Windows Mobile-capable device handy, then that may be the ideal platform for you. On the other hand, if you are most comfortable with Java and have a phone that has J2ME installed with the proper Bluetooth Java services (JSR-82), then that is a good development platform as well. Either way, the tools and docs in the MDT should provide enough information for you to connect and get data from MindSet headsets, and you can contact us if you need assistance with interfacing through our TGCD APIs.
We are able to fully support the following platforms and devices:
- T-Mobile MDA
- ASUS smartphone / Pocket PC
- Nokia N95
We don't have information about Bluetooth interoperability on other phones, other than to say that the phone must be able to at least open a serial Bluetooth I/O connection (i.e. Bluetooth Serial Port Profile) to the MindSet, and read data from the connection at a modestly fast rate (57600 baud). With that minimum requirement, then even if the TGCD APIs don't run on the phone for whatever reason, you can still read the serial stream directly to get the headset data.
Details on iPhone and Android support are forthcoming.
UPDATE: please see http://support.neurosky.com/faqs/technology/will-neurosky-headsets-... for more information
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- MindWave Mobile plus compatibility
- View all (1 more)
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- Adventures of NeuroBoy is upside down
- Brainwave Visualizer connection on Mac
- View all (29 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)