What is the difference between the MindSet, MindWave, MindWave Mobile and XWave?
The MindSet, MindWave, and MindWave Mobile are all wireless devices used to record EEG. All three devices utilize identical chips. Also, the devices use the same dry sensor technology.
The MindSet uses Bluetooth to transmit data, and includes a Bluetooth dongle for computers without a built in Bluetooth receiver. The MindSet is compatible with PC, Mac, and Android. The MindSet also includes Bluetooth stereo audio input, has a microphone, and can be used as a hands free device. The MindWave and MindWave Mobile do not include these features, but as a trade-off, require a smaller footprint.
The MindWave uses RF to transmit data, and includes an RF USB dongle compatible with both Mac and Windows. The MindWave is compatible with PC and Mac only.
The MindWave Mobile can be used with PC, Mac, Android, and iOS. Note that the MindWave Mobile does not include a Bluetooth dongle, your computer device must have Bluetooth, or you must purchase a Bluetooth adapter separately.
There are two available versions of the MindWave Mobile, the BrainWave Starter kit and the MyndPlay Bundle. The only difference between the two products is the software applications that are included in the package.
See this article for an easy comparison chart:
Any applications that you develop for the MindWave will work with the MindSet and MindWave Mobile and vice versa. All three devices use identical serial communication protocols. Therefore, all applications, and the Development Tools, work with the both devices.
The XWave is made by PLX. It is not a wireless device. It is designed for iPhones/iPads devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.). It will not work with Windows nor Mac computers. For more details about the XWave, please contact PLX.
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (30 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)