Can't get good EEG signal
This article applies only to MindWave Mobile 2, not MindWave Mobile or MindWave. To determine whether your headset is a MindWave Mobile 2, please see this page.
The "Check Fitting" status usually indicates that the headset is connected, but the EEG signal quality is poor. If you have this issue, please try:
- Bending the sensor arm to fit your forehead (see our unboxing video)
- Using alcohol wipes to gently clean the sensors
- Using your fingers to gently press the forehead sensor
- Pinching the ear clip after you've put the headset on
- Checking that the forehead sensor and ear clip are making firm contact with the skin
MindWave Mobile 2
MindWave Mobile plus
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (31 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)