Can't get the connection with MindWave in Mac OS X 10.10.
[This article only apply to the white-colored headset MindWave, do not apply to black-colored MindWave Mobile.]
As of Mac OS X 10.10, Apple now requires all third party drivers to be approved and signed by Apple, so the RF driver that we've been shipping with the MindWave for the past couple years no longer works. The good news is that NeuroSky has just received the approvals and signatures from Apple for the MindWave USB driver. To get your MindWave working on your OS X 10.10 again, please update MindWave Manger to the latest version, as follows:
Download and install the latest driver from
After the driver is installed, download and install the latest MindWave Manager from
Launch the MindWave Manager, navigate to "Pairing" section and click the "Search for MindWave", then follow the instructions to pair the headset.
MindWave Mobile 2
MindWave Mobile plus
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (31 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)