Can't get connection with MindWave Mobile 2
This article applies only to MindWave Mobile 2, not MindWave Mobile or MindWave. To determine whether your headset is a MindWave Mobile 2, please see this page.
If you see "connection timeout" or "can't connect" displayed, please try the following:
For Windows & Mac Users
Make sure all other NeuroSky apps have been quit or closed and Bluetooth on other near-by devices have been turned off . The MindWave Mobile 2 headset can only connect with one application and one device at a time.
Delete "MindWave Mobile" from your Bluetooth device list. Then, carefully follow the Quick Start Guide in your product box, or this tutorial video to setup the headset.
Make sure ThinkGear Connector (TGC) is running in the background and is updated to the latest version.
- For Mac, simply download and install the latest TGC.
- For Windows, right click the ThinkGear Connector icon and select "Check for Updates".
The "MindWave Mobile 2 Tutorial" connects to your headset directly through the COM port, not through the ThinkGear Connector (TGC), so it is normal that the TGC is "idle" when going through the tutorial.
In the "MindWave Mobile 2 Tutorial," select the COM port that your MindWave Mobile is connected to, or select "Auto" to let the tutorial try to determine it for you.
- Windows users: check whether your Bluetooth driver is up-to-date.
For iOS Users
Make sure all other NeuroSky apps have been quit or closed. The MindWave Mobile 2 headset can only connect with one application at a time.
MindWave Mobile 2 communicates with iOS devices via BLE, thus you do not need to do any explicit pairing. When downloading any apps compatible with the headset, the headset will be paired and connected directly in the app.
For Android Users
- Make sure all other NeuroSky apps have been quit or closed. The MindWave Mobile 2 headset can only connect with one application at a time.
MindWave Mobile 2
MindWave Mobile plus
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (31 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)