Can't pair MindWave Mobile 2 with computer or mobile device
This article applies only to MindWave Mobile 2, not MindWave Mobile or MindWave. To determine whether your headset is a MindWave Mobile 2, please see this page.
Carefully follow the Quick User Guide (QSG) in your product box to pair the MindWave Mobile 2. To get the digital QSG, please click here.
Once the MindWave Mobile 2 headset is turned on, it is in pairing mode and ready to connect.
For PC, Mac and Android devices, pair the headset via standard Bluetooth pairing steps:
- Enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Select the "MindWave Mobile" icon when it appears in the Bluetooth list. Enter "0000" if prompted for a passkey.
- If two icons appear in the Bluetooth list, select the specified icon below:
On Windows 10, after the standard pairing described above, Windows 10 sometimes will not recognize or enable it as a Serial COM device. To make sure it is enabled:
- Near the bottom of Bluetooth & other devices, click "Devices and printers"
- Find the "MindWave Mobile", right-click on it, and select "Properties"
- Click on the "Services" tab at the top, then give it a moment to scan the services, and then check the box for "Serial Port (SPP)" when it appears.
For iOS devices:
- MindWave Mobile 2 communicates via BLE, thus you do not need to do any explicit pairing. When downloading any apps compatible with the headset, the headset will be paired and connected directly in the app.
- For your convenience, here's the list of apps that support MindWave Mobile 2.
MindWave Mobile 2
MindWave Mobile plus
- Won't pair MindWave Mobile plus to my computer or mobile device
- Can't get a connection with MindWave Mobile+
- How to distinguish between MindWave Mobile and MindWave Mobile plus?
- What's the difference between the old and the Mindwave mobile plus version?
- MindWave Mobile plus Quick Start Guide or User Guide
- View all (1 more)
- Brainwave Visualizer for Mac and Speed Math for Mac aren't working in Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- How do I use Brainwave Visualizer to record my brainwave data while listening to music in iTunes?
- What are the best programs for recording the various brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) using the MindWave Mobile?
- In Brainwave Visualizer's demo mode, is the headset data being used?
- What does the red "X" in the top right hand corner of the Brainwave Visualizer indicate?
- View all (31 more)
- What are the successes in the consumer market?
- Does NeuroSky work with Universities? What kinds of projects have they done?
- In the next ten years, which kind of tools will be developed with brainwave technology?
- How did NeuroSky develop the technology and the different products?
- Will the technology help with my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, etc.?
- View all (3 more)